Thursday, April 20, 2006

Microsoft Extends Visual Studio Express License Forever

I was very surprised when I found a link to this article on OSNews.com about Microsoft indefinitely extending their free license for Visual Studio Express. I have to admin, I thought it was a hoax at first, but sure enough, it looks like Microsoft is going to offer the Visual Studio Express line for free. This is good news for developers, as I have found that the free Express editions are pretty darn good development platforms, at least for the Windows environment. A few little things bug me, such as the inability to add features such as the Mobile SDK to them, but I can’t complain since the price is right. Now I don’t need to worry about my license expiring in a year since I really only have a passing interest in Windows development.

No comments: